Sunday, February 7, 2010

How do I clear My Search History under my start menu?

I know how to clear my online history, but how do I clear what i've searched under the start menu; what I've searched my computer for. ***The drop down history?How do I clear My Search History under my start menu?
鈽呪槄 DISABLE AUTOCOMPLETE 鈽呪槄





鈼?If you have Yahoo Toolbar click on the edit button to disable the AutoComplete function.





鈼?Internet Explorer





1. From Internet Explorer, choose ';Tools'; then ';Internet Options';.


2. From the ';Internet Options'; multi-tabbed dialog box that appears, select the ';Content'; tab.


3. Click the ';AutoComplete'; button.


4. Uncheck everything.


5. Click the ';Clear Forms'; button.


6. Click the ';Clear Passwords'; button.


7. Press ';OK'; to close the dialog boxes.





鈼?NOTE: AutoComplete may not stay off completely because some webmasters have autocomplete=';on'; in the form tag in their web forms. If you come to one of these and you can't get the AutoComplete to leave you alone while you type something in to the form. Simply paste the text in from a wordprocessor or notepad and it won't bother you.How do I clear My Search History under my start menu?
On your Toolbar click Edit. Then click Clear Toolbar History.


Hope that helps.
Do your have XP ?


I never saw a drop down of previous searches on the Microsoft Search.
Well I think you just need to eliminate one particular item now don't you?





Say for instance I didn't want my girlfreind to know I was searching for ';hot asian ladies'; you can delete that item from showing up in the search drop down... it's a whole lot better than wiping everything.





1. make sure the cursor is in the field that lists the item or items you'd like to remove.


2. use the down arrow to show the list of your searches.


3. arrow down to the item you want to remove, it will be highlighted in blue.


4. press the delete key.





that ';phrase'; will no longer show up in that field. It's good for Yahoo search windows and the like as well as other places with recently used items.....
  • hyperhidrosis
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment