Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How do I clear my ';Search The Web'; toolbar of its history? Everytime I type a letter, a billion things pop up

When I conduct a search a long list follows from auto remember and I can do it easily with Google but I've gone to my internet options and cleared files and cookies and history and it still does not work.How do I clear my ';Search The Web'; toolbar of its history? Everytime I type a letter, a billion things pop up
Clear search history in Y! toolbar: http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/toolbar/to鈥?/a>


However, if you wish to delete search history saved by the browser and auto-filled when you type on the yahoo website, here is the solution:





To clear your history from Internet Explorer:


1. Go to the ';Tools'; menu.


2. Select ';Internet Options.';


3. Click the ';General'; tab.


4. Click the ';Clear History'; button. To completely disable the history function, set ';Days to keep pages in history'; to zero.





To clear your history from Mozilla Firefox:


1. Go to the ';Tools'; menu.


2. Select ';Options'; %26gt; ';Privacy'; %26gt; ';History.';


3. Click on ';Clear.'; To completely disable the history function, set ';Remember visited pages for the last X days'; to zero (';0';).


4. Click ';OK'; to exit.How do I clear my ';Search The Web'; toolbar of its history? Everytime I type a letter, a billion things pop up
If you'are using the yahoo toolbar for searching, then go to the pencil on the left and click the ';clear recent searches'; button.
Try this. If you're using Internet Explorer, click the search button that opens the Search box on the right side of the window. Click ';Customize';, then scroll down and uncheck the ';Previous Searches'; box and click OK. This should solve the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment