Thursday, February 25, 2010

How can I clear words from my google search history?

When I start to type a new search into my google search box, it starts populating words that I had previously searched on that start with the same words. How can I clear this?





(example: if I search for ';how do I reset my password';, the google search box will automatically offer a list of everything I've searched for beginning with ';how do I';)








How can I clear words from my google search history?
First you should turn off your Google autofill:


Go to Settings (far right) --%26gt;Options--%26gt;Uncheck Autofill





Next try clearing your Google search:





To clear your Google search bar for Internet Explorer:


1. Go to the Tools menu.


2. Select Internet Options and the Content tab.


3. Within the Personal information area, select AutoComplete.


4. Click Clear Forms. You can also un-check the Forms box in this window to keep this information from being stored in the future.


5. Click OK to exit.





To clear for Firefox:


1. Go to the Tools menu.


2. Select Options %26gt; Privacy %26gt; Saved Form Information.


3. Click Clear and un-check the box.


4. Click OK to exit.





To clear Safari:


1. Go to the Safari menu and select Preferences.


2. From the menus that pop up, select Autofill.


3. Go to Other forms line and select the Edit button.


4. From the list of sites for which AutoFill is currently being applied, select Google.com %26gt; Remove %26gt; Done.





How can I clear words from my google search history?
sometimes when you just click on the box, the list comes up. Just highlight(one by one) the search you want to erase and press the delete key on the keyboard...
http://www.google.com/support/toolbar/bi鈥?/a>
click on the google search box, scroll on the first word you want deleted then hit the delete key.
go to internet options and delete your history :D
Bob is correct...

No comments:

Post a Comment