Saturday, February 27, 2010

How can i clear search history? I HAVE tried to unclick box in options without success! Help help help!?

I got to the yahoo home page via google search. Then i entered various web searches which i now want to delete. I have followed the instructions on the help FAQ but although I've unclicked the box that saves history I STILL cannot delete the wretched list!!How can i clear search history? I HAVE tried to unclick box in options without success! Help help help!?
This is an guide with screenshot on how to clear your search history, check it out!


http://www.jimmyr.com/searchhistory.phpHow can i clear search history? I HAVE tried to unclick box in options without success! Help help help!?
One simple method that I discovered is this: When the search list appears simply put your pointer over the item that you wish to delete. It will highlight. Don't click on it. While your pointer remains still and the item is highlighted just press the delete key on your keyboard. I hope that works for you. It took me quite a while to figure that one out.
For Internet explorer Tools menu%26gt;Internet options%26gt;Content Tab%26gt;Auto Complete Button%26gt;Clear Forms Button.





You can also click the clear history button on the general tab to delete the list from the address bar.
Internet Explorer: Tools%26gt;Options%26gt;General Tab. Click Clear History. Next, click Delete Cookies and then Delete Files. Exit and Restart IE.





Firefox: Tools%26gt;Clear Private Data.
The above answers will not remove the search history. Everything is stored in a file called ';index.dat';. See source.
y would u wanna delete them? wait, i think i kno

No comments:

Post a Comment