Saturday, February 27, 2010

How do I clear the previous search history on my PC.I bought it second hand ,whenever I go to type a search?

If I type the first letter of a search word beginning with ';S'; i get a drop down history of all words ever entered for searches with ';S'; dirty divil the last owner.....As for ';F'; my goodness......HelpHow do I clear the previous search history on my PC.I bought it second hand ,whenever I go to type a search?
you need to clear your browser history.Look under 'tools' in your toolbar then go into 'browser options' and clear the 'URLS'How do I clear the previous search history on my PC.I bought it second hand ,whenever I go to type a search?
Upgrade you Internet Explorer- this is free from microsoft to v.7. There is a tools button which allows you to delete the crap out! Also look at www.downloads.com there is several free tools that you can down load including Internet History cleaner. You may also find something of future use in this website.
If you go to the top left hand corner where it says ';file';, ';edit';, ';view'; etc and ';tools';, you can choose the ';tools'; option and in the dropdown menu it will say ';delete browisng history';. Sellect that option and then it will give your various other options. Otherwise, if you ahve an older version you may select TOOLS then Internet options and then history and it will ask if you want to delete all, keep the last 5, 10, 15 etc.
it is very easy my dear


only in internet explorer go to tools ---%26gt;internet option---%26gt;then press clear history .......only this


good luck
If you click on the down arrow of your search box it should have clear history at the bottom. Click it and it all goes.
Depending on the browser you can use the mouse to move your cursor over one of the items in the list and press the Delete button to remove it from the list.
go on history go on what u want to delete right clik it and delete should be a option and left click it
go to tools then scroll down to internet options then click on the content tab at top of page. There you will see 'Auto complete' press that and then press on the clear forms bar and then it should clear all previously visited web pages
put your curser on the drop down list and left click, you will see the drop down list appear. Put the curser on the top word so that it is blue, hold it there and then press and hold delete and it will delete all the words in the drop down list.


Clearing the history wont clear those words, it only clears the websites you have visited.
It sounds like the last person to own that pc was careless with their personal info! I bet theres all kinds of rubbish on your machine. Check my blog for a list of free software that will block spyware and clear it off.


Check out the settings in your browser at tools - internet options. There's loads to look at, you can block many cookies, clear the history, block pop ups but to be really effective you also need third party software.
go to internet options and you will find a tab clear history click it and then click ok and it will clear previous history you can also set how long you want to save browsing history. if you set it to 0 then no history is saved also from here you can delete cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment